1. According to The Times of Israel, Iranian parliamentarians have proposed a bill to increase uranium enrichment to 60 percent in the event of new Western sanctions.
2. According to the Irish Independent, African leaders were desperately trying to broker a peace deal in South Sudan on Thursday, as heavy fighting raged in the country’s oil-producing north.
3. According to Jewish News Service, Israel’s Christian population continued to grow in 2013, increasing by 3,000 people over the last year.
4. According to AFP, at least 44 people have died and more than 60,000 have been left homeless following torrential rain in southeast Brazil over the past few weeks.
5. According to The Associated Press, Iran’s nuclear chief said the country is building a new generation of centrifuges for uranium enrichment but that they need further tests before they can be mass produced, apparently trying to counter hard-liner criticism of its nuclear deal with world powers.
The Bible says in Jeremiah 3:17: “At that time they shall call Jerusalem the throne of the LORD; and all the nations shall be gathered unto it, to the name of the LORD, to Jerusalem: neither shall they walk any more after the imagination of their evil heart.”
Our Second Coming quote for today is this anonymous rhyme: “The Lord is coming! And with eager eyes / We watch to see the Morning Star arise! / The Lord is coming! Let our hearts rejoice, / We soon shall hear the sound of His voice!”
You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at SecondComingHerald.com.