1. According to NBC News, the U.S. could hit Syria with three days of missile strikes, perhaps beginning Thursday, in an attack meant more to send a message to Syrian President Bashar Assad than to topple him or cripple his military. The State Department fed the growing drumbeat around the world for a military response to Syria’s suspected use of chemical weapons against rebels Aug. 21 near Damascus, saying that while the U.S. intelligence community would release a formal assessment within the week, it was already “crystal clear” that Assad’s government was responsible.
2. According to the BBC, China has said it has suffered its “biggest ever” cyber-attack, causing many websites based in the country to go temporarily offline.
3. According to ABC News, the outgoing Homeland Security Secretary has a warning for her successor: A massive and “serious” cyber attack on the U.S. homeland is coming, and a natural disaster — the likes of which the nation has never seen — is also likely on its way.
4. According to The Times of Israel, While Israel will almost certainly take no direct part in a military strike, Israeli intelligence information is widely believed to have played a central role in enabling the US’s adamant conviction that Assad’s regime fired chemical weapons at civilians outside Damascus last Wednesday, killing hundreds of people and wounding over a thousand, according to Syrian rebel groups.
5. According to Fox News, fire crews reported progress on a 288-square-mile wildfire near Yosemite (YO-SEM-IT-EE) National Park that moved into the watershed that supplies San Francisco as crews elsewhere in sought to contain a fast-moving blaze that burned at least two homes and threatened others in a Northern California neighborhood.
Jesus Christ said in Revelation 3:11-12: “Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown. Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.”
You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at Second Coming Herald.com