1. According to the Times of Israel, Four rockets were fired from Lebanon into Israel on Thursday afternoon. There were no immediate reports of casualties, but damage was caused to several homes area. The red alert siren sounded in the cities Nahariya, Acre, Kiryat Shmona and Karmiel, and residents reported hearing explosions.
2. According to The Telegraph, the Syrian National Coalition, the main Western-backed opposition group in the country, said at a press conference that 1,300 people had been killed as shells loaded with poisonous gas rained down on the capital’s eastern suburbs of Douma, Jobar, Zamalka, Arbeen and Ein Tarma.
3. According to The Los Angeles Times, The United Nations Security Council called an emergency meeting in New York on Wednesday afternoon to discuss allegations of a deadly chemical weapons attack outside the Syrian capital, Damascus.
4. According to Fox News, An international relief agency plans to airlift some 3,400 Christians out of Sudan, where they face increasing persecution from the Islamist government.
5. According to Christian Solidarity Worldwide, Church leader Li Shuangping, a leader at Linfen church, was beaten and threatened by unknown assailants on the night of August 13th. Li believes the perpetrators were working for the local government and he sees this as an attempt to threaten house church leaders.
The Bible says in 1 John 3:2: “Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.”