1. According to Reuters, Syrian rebels said foreign forces destroyed advanced Russian anti-ship missiles in Syria last week — a disclosure that appeared to point to another Israeli raid.
2. According to The Associated Press, Floodwaters surging through Himalayan foothills in western China have swept bridges, houses and hillsides into roiling brown rivers, leaving at least 25 people dead and dozens missing on Thursday, as heavy rains buffet many parts of the country.
3. According to Voice of America News, a survey by the group Transparency International Corruption shows that corruption and bribery are perceived to be getting worse in many countries, and trust in governments is falling worldwide.
4. According to The Associated Press, Russia’s U.N. ambassador has said that Russian experts determined that Syrian rebels made sarin nerve gas and used it in a deadly chemical weapon attack outside Aleppo in March.
5. According to Reuters, Arab diplomats have signaled that they would seek to step up pressure on Israel over its assumed nuclear arsenal but the Jewish state said any attempt to “bash” it would be counterproductive.
The Bible says in 2 Peter 3:11-12: “Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness, Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?”