1. According to German newspaper DW, the UN Security Council’s peacekeeping mission in the Golan Heights is up for renewal, but the escalation of the conflict in Syria has plunged it into crisis. Until recently, the area was usually calm. Now, though, the Syrian civil war is starting to spill over into the border region. Both Syrian troops and opposition fighters have repeatedly crossed into the buffer zone, and there have been several exchanges of fire with Israel.
2. According to The Associated Press, the jet stream, the river of air high above Earth that generally dictates the weather, usually rushes rapidly from west to east in a mostly straight direction. But lately it seems to be wobbling and weaving like a drunken driver, wreaking havoc as it goes.
3. According to Reuters, scientists have warned that a new and deadly strain of bird flu that emerged in China in February but seems to have petered out in recent months could reappear later this year when the warm season comes to an end — and could spread internationally.
4. According to The Times of Israel, a survey conducted by Haifa University reveals that a majority of Israeli Arabs feel they would be justified in launching an intifada, or uprising, if their situation did not improve. Forty-eight percent of Arabs said they thought a Palestinian state would someday replace Israel, whereas only 19% held this opinion in 2003.
5. According to Reuters, Saudi Arabia’s foreign minister said that his country regards the involvement of Iran and Hezbollah in Syria’s civil war as dangerous and believes the rebels must be offered military aid to defend themselves.
The Bible says in 1 Peter 1:13: “Wherefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and hope to the end for the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ.”
You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at Second Coming Herald.com.