1. According to The Jerusalem Post, Israeli Defence Forces completed a major combined forces drill on Thursday which began at the start of the week and was aimed at testing responses of regular units and reserves to a range of fast-paced battle scenarios.
2. According to The Associated Press, rescuers on Friday found 40 bodies floating in the Ganges River near a Hindu holy city hit by heavy monsoon flooding that has killed more than 200 people and stranded tens of thousands, mostly pilgrims, in mountainous northern India.
3. According to the Associated Press, Calgary city officials said as many as 100,000 people could be forced from their homes by heavy flooding in western Canada, while mudslides forced the closure of the Trans-Canada Highway, isolating two mountain resort towns.
4. According to Reuters, an estimated 1 million people took to the streets in cities across Brazil once again as the country’s biggest protests in two decades intensified despite government concessions meant to quell the demonstrations.
5. According to the Los Angeles Times, FBI Director Robert S. Mueller III testified that the controversial National Security Agency surveillance program “has been a contributing factor, one dot among many dots” for tracking terrorist plots, and he admitted for the first time that the bureau had used surveillance drones inside the U.S. Mueller said, the FBI uses drones “in a very, very minimal way and very seldom.”
The Bible says in James 5:7: “Be patient therefore, brethren, unto the coming of the Lord. Behold, the husbandman waiteth for the precious fruit of the earth, and hath long patience for it, until he receive the early and latter rain.”
You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at Second Coming Herald.com.