1. According to The Los Angeles Times, a 4.7 magnitude earthquake struck Riverside County in Southern California and was followed by more than 100 small aftershocks that radiated northeast. The largest aftershock, a 3.2 quake, struck less than a minute after the first quake. The quake was felt more than 120 miles away from the epicenter, but no damages or injuries were reported.
2. According to The Washington Free Beacon, Russian nuclear forces conducted a major exercise last month that tested the transport of both strategic and tactical nuclear weapons near Europe. The exercise raised concerns inside the Pentagon and with the U.S. European Command because it was the largest exercise of its kind in 20 years and it involved a heightened alert status for Russian nuclear forces. The nuclear drills were part of other military maneuvers Russia carried out in late February.
3. According to Reuters, Great Britain’s top health official said that antibiotic resistance poses a catastrophic threat to medicine and could mean patients with a minor surgery risk dying from infections that can no longer be treated. Sally Davies, the chief medical officer for England, said global action is needed to fight antibiotic resistance and fill a drug “discovery void” by researching and developing new medicines to treat emerging, mutating infections.
4. According to Fox News, five Iranian Christian converts who were detained late last year will reportedly begin trial in Iran’s Revolutionary Court this week. The five men were among seven people arrested when security forces raided an underground house church in the city of Shi-raz during a prayer session. Christian Solidarity Worldwide said that the Christians are charged with disturbing the public order, evangelizing, threatening national security and engaging in Internet activity that threatens the government.
5. According to The Associated Press, North Korean state media said that the government had carried through with a threat to cancel the 60-year-old armistice that ended the Korean War, as it and South Korea staged dueling war games amid threatening rhetoric. The 11-day military drills that started Monday involve ten thousand South Korean and about three thousand American troops. The drills are held annually, and this year, they rehearse different scenarios for a possible conflict on the Korean peninsula using computer-simulated exercises.
The Bible says in 1 Thessalonians 3:13: “To the end he may stablish your hearts unblameable in holiness before God, even our Father, at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ with all his saints.”
You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at SecondComingHerald.com