1. According to The International Business Times, the U.S. space agency NASA has found that the sun is currently less active than it should be. NASA says that “Something unexpected is happening on the sun. 2013 is supposed to be the year of solar max, the peak of the 11-year sunspot cycle. Yet 2013 has arrived and solar activity is relatively low. Sunspot numbers were well below their values in 2011, and strong solar flares have been infrequent for many months.” Some scientists believe that the lack of activity is simply a period of calm before increased solar activity.
2. According to The Associated Press, hundreds of people in eastern Pakistan rampaged through a Christian neighborhood on Saturday, torching dozens of homes after hearing reports that a Christian man had committed blasphemy against Islam’s prophet Muhammad. No one in the Christian community was hurt, but several policemen were injured when they were hit with stones as they tried to keep the crowd from storming the area. Hundreds of Christian families fled the area overnight, fearing for their safety.
3. According to Space Daily, Millions of people in western India are suffering their worst drought in more than four decades, with critics blaming official ineptitude and corruption for exacerbating the natural water shortage. The state’s chief minister said that some areas are facing a water shortage worse than the severe drought in 1972. Because of the lack of water, crops are failing, and millions of people are struggling to find food.
4. According to The Associated Press, as the Syrian civil war intensifies, Israeli military planners are growing increasingly concerned that the fighting could spill over into Israel, potentially dragging the Islamic militant group Hezbollah into the fray. After battling Hezbollah to a stalemate in 2006, the Israeli military says it has learned key lessons and is prepared to inflict heavy damage on the group if fighting begins again. The Israel-Lebanon border has remained largely quiet since that last war, but Hezbollah has since replenished its arsenal and has waged a shadow war with Israel around the world. The fall of the Syrian leader or alternatively an Israel strike against Iran, could spark another full-fledged war.
5. According to the BBC, North Korea says it is officially ending all non-aggression pacts with South Korea, closing its hotline with Seoul and shutting down their shared border point. The announcement follows a fresh round of UN sanctions punishing S. Korea for its nuclear test last month. Earlier, the South said it had a right to carry out a pre-emptive nuclear strike against its enemies.
6. According to Israel National News, Muslim worshippers started throwing rocks at Israeli security forces at the end of prayers on the Temple Mount on Friday. Police broke in and began to throw stun grenades to disperse the stone throwers. The rioters responded with firebombs. One policeman and several demonstrators were injured.
The Bible says in Colossians 3:2-4: “Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth. For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God. When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.”
You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at SecondComingHerald.com