1. According to The Telegraph, just days after North Korea carried out its third nuclear test, Ban Ki-Moon said Iran was on the same path towards the covert development of a nuclear weapon. The United Nations secretary general said Iran is using the same methods as North Korea to develop its nuclear capabilities, requiring “firm, decisive and effective” action by the Security Council. Iran has defied six UN resolutions and continues to enrich uranium, a highly sensitive process that could be used to make the fissile core of a nuclear weapon.
2. According to The Associated Press, the leader of Hezbollah has refused to comment on a Bulgarian report that said members of the Lebanese militant group carried out an attack that killed five Israeli tourists in the European nation. Sheik Has-san Nas-ral-lah says the “issue is being followed calmly and carefully.” Speaking to hundreds of supporters via video link, Nas-ral-lah warned Israel not to attack Lebanon, saying Hezbollah’s response will be harsh.
3. According to Reuters, North Korea has told its key ally, China, that it is prepared to stage one or even two more nuclear tests this year in an effort to force the United States into diplomatic talks. Further tests could also be accompanied this year by another rocket launch. North Korea conducted its third nuclear test last week, drawing global condemnation and a stern warning from the United States that it was a threat and a provocation.
4. According to CNN, a 6.2-magnitude earthquake struck Saturday near the southern Philippine island of Min-dan-ao. The state-run Philippines News Agency said that there were no immediate reports of damage or injuries. It struck at a depth of about 60 miles. No tsunami warning or watch was been issued.
5. According to Russia Today News, the head of the General Staff of the Russian Armed Forces said Russia may become drawn into military conflicts as world powers begin to vie for energy resources in the next two decades. He warned that by 2030, the level of “existing and potential threats will significantly increase” and went on to say that leading world powers will soon begin to struggle for fuel, energy and labor resources, as well as new markets in which to sell their goods. He said that some powers will “actively use their military potential.”
The Bible says in Matthew 24:30: “And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.”
You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at SecondComingHerald.com