1. According to The Associated Press, Egypt’s army chief warned of “the collapse of the state” if the political crisis roiling the nation for nearly a week continues. The warning by the chief, who is also the country’s defense minister, were the first comments by the powerful military since the country’s latest crisis began around the second anniversary of Egypt’s uprising. They came days after President Mohammed Morsi placed three cities under a 30-day state of emergency and a night curfew.
2. According to The New York Times, the Pentagon is moving toward a major expansion of its cybersecurity force to counter increasing attacks on the nation’s computer networks, as well as to expand offensive computer operations on foreign adversaries. The expansion would increase the Defense Department’s Cyber Command by more than 4,000 people, up from the current 900. William J. Lynn III, a former deputy defense secretary who worked on the Pentagon’s cybersecurity strategy said, “The threat is real and we need to react to it.”
3. According to The Associated Press, Israel could launch a pre-emptive strike to stop Syria’s chemical weapons from reaching Hez-boll-ah in Lebanon or other terrorist groups. The warning came as the military moved a rocket defense system to a main northern city, and Israel’s premier warned of dangers from both Syria and Iran. Israel has long expressed concerns that Syrian President Bashar Assad could lose control over his chemical weapons.
4. According to The Associated Press, torrential rains have left thousands of homes flooded in eastern Australia, with more rain and high winds expected. The disaster has claimed four lives, including a 3-year-old boy who was hit by a falling tree. The Australian Associated Press said officials were preparing for another day of evacuations along the eastern coast, where hundreds of homes have been cut off by floodwaters.
5. According to the Islamic Republic News Agency, Iranian President Mah-moud Ah-ma-di-ne-jad said that all Muslims should mobilize their resources to uproot Zionism. He made the remarks in his speech to the 26th international conference on Islamic Unity. He also encouraged Muslims around the world to put aside their differences in an effort to defeat the West and Israel.
The Bible says in 1 Peter 1:13: “Wherefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and hope to the end for the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ.”
You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at SecondComingHerald.com