1. According to Reuters, the Prime Minister of Great Britain, David Cameron, said the U.K. will “drift” out of the European Union and the European project will “fail” unless the bloc tackles three serious problems it faces — the euro zone debt crisis, faltering competitiveness and declining public support. The prime minister was expected to spell out his plans to renegotiate Great Britain’s membership in the 27-nation bloc, however he delayed the address to deal with the hostage crisis in Algeria.
2. According to IT Pro Portal, a U.S. Air Force commander has claimed that Iran’s cyber-capabilities would have undergone a transformation since the infamous Stux-net worm struck its uranium enrichment facilities in 2010. General William Shelton, who oversees the Air Force’s cyber operations, said that Iran is now going to be “a force to be reckoned with” in the cyber-sphere. The Islamic Republic will want to take revenge on diplomatic foes such as the U.S. and Israel, who are widely believed to have been responsible for the Stux-net and Flame attacks which targeted Iran.
3. According to Reuters, heavy monsoon rain triggered severe flooding in large swathes of the Indonesian capital bringing the city to a halt with many government offices and businesses forced to close because staff could not get to work. Four people have died, and at least 20,000 people were forced from their homes in the capital. Weather officials warned that the rain could get worse over the next few days and that the potential for more flooding remains.
4. According to Fox News, alarmed human rights advocates say the 15-year prison sentence given to a woman and her seven children by an Egyptian court for converting to Christianity is a sign of things to come. Nadia Ali was raised a Christian, but converted to Islam when she married a Muslim man. After her husband died, she and her children registered their religious affiliation as Christian. However, when the conversion came to light, the mother, her children, and the government clerks who processed their identity cards were thrown in prison. Samuel Tadros, a research fellow at Hudson Institute’s Center for Religious Freedom, said Egypt’s new Sharia-based constitution “is a real disaster in terms of religious freedom.”
5. According to Ria Novosti, Iran will deploy a fleet of warships to the Mediterranean Sea. The Iranian Navy’s rear admiral said the country’s “24th fleet of warships will patrol the north of the Indian Ocean, the Gulf of Aden, the Red Sea, the Suez Canal and the Mediterranean Sea for three months and will even sail as far as southeastern Asian countries.”
The Apostle Paul wrote in 2 Timothy 4:8: ” Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.”
You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at SecondComingHerald.com