1. According to Ynet News, a senior Israeli officer has stated that Israel is facing a third intifada. The defense establishment has been careful not to overstate the significance of the recent, growing wave of unrest sweeping the West Bank, but according to an Israeli Defense Forces Sector Commander the third intifada has already begun. However, he was optimistic as to Israel’s ability to deal with terrorist threats, saying he does not foresee a string of suicide attacks, which became the gruesome hallmark of the al-Aqsa (AL-AKSA) Intifada.
2. According to the Jerusalem Post, Russia has concentrated five landing ships in the eastern Mediterranean in a show of force meant to deter Western nations from intervening militarily in Syria. According to the report, the ships are carrying military vehicles and hundreds of Russian marines, and are being accompanied by combat vessels. A Russian diplomat was quoted as saying that the marines were meant to deter the West from deploying ground forces in the uprising against Syrian President Bashar Assad which Russia believes may reach its peak before Easter.
3. According to NBC News, the United States has been hit with a particularly aggressive early flu season this year with widespread reports of the illness across the country. Over 2,200 people have been hospitalized and 18 children have died. Health officials say the numbers haven’t even peaked yet. The latest figures from the Centers for Disease Control show 29 states and New York City reporting high levels of flu activity, up from 16 states and New York City just one week prior.
4. According to Politico, the next U.S. Defense Secretary may be a man who is not that friendly towards Israeli interests. President Barack Obama has settled on Chuck Hagel, a Republican and former U.S. senator from Nebraska, to succeed Defense Secretary Leon Panetta. However, some lawmakers are concerned over his past positions on issues affecting Israeli security. Josh Block, a former spokesman for the American Israel Public Affairs Committee, said that Hagel has “consistently voting against sanctions on Iran, against naming Iran’s Revolutionary Guard a terrorist organization, and has refused to call on the European Union to name Hezbollah a terrorist organization.”
5. According to Israel National News, Benjamin Netanyahu says that Iran’s nuclear weapons program remains the number one threat to Israel. Speaking to Israeli ambassadors and consuls at the conclusion of their annual gathering in Jerusalem, Netanyahu said, “The number one threat has been and remains Iran, our commitment has been and remains to prevent Iran from acquiring nuclear weapons.” Netanyahu predicted that in the short term the turmoil in the Middle East will continue, but “in the long run there is a possibility for change if Iran is prevented from achieving military nuclear capability.”
The Bible says in 1 Corinthians 4:5: “Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come, who both will bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and will make manifest the counsels of the hearts: and then shall every man have praise of God.”
You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at SecondComingHerald.com