1. According to Ynet News, a Muslim Brotherhood official and advisor to the Egyptian president told a London-based Arabic newspaper that he estimated that the State of Israel would be wiped out within a decade. He stated that Israel is destined to collapse and said that, “There will be no such thing as Israel, instead there will be Palestine which will be home to Jews, Muslims and all of the people who were there from the start.” Egypt’s presidential palace has since tried to distance itself from these comments.
2. According to The Associated Press, an arrest raid by undercover Israeli soldiers ignited rare clashes in the northern West Bank on Tuesday, leaving at least ten Palestinians and two Israeli soldiers wounded. The clashes began after Israeli forces disguised as merchants arrested a suspected terrorist. Regular army forces then entered the town, prompting youths to hurl rocks to try to prevent more arrests. Israeli forces fired tear gas, rubber bullets and live ammunition as youths set tires and bins on fire to block the passage of military vehicles. In several hours of clashes, dozens of masked youths hid behind makeshift barriers, hurling rocks and firebombs at soldiers.
3. According to The Times of Israel, the Palestinian Central Bureau of Statistics said that there will be an equal number of Palestinians and Jews in Israel, the West Bank and Gaza Strip by 2016 and that by 2020 Jews will be a minority in the area. The Palestinian Authority said that such a situation would end the chances for a two-state solution and implied that Palestinians would not be interested in just the West Bank and Gaza if they could demographically dominate a binational state from the Jordan to the Mediterranean. Some Israeli scholars question official Palestinian population statistics, claiming the Palestinians inflate the numbers.
4. According to The Associated Press, Iran’s navy said that it test-fired a range of weapons during ongoing maneuvers near the Strait of Hormuz, the passageway for one-fifth of the world’s oil supply. The Iranian-made air defense system was among the weapons tested, along with various torpedoes and underwater and surface-to-surface rockets as well as anti-ship missiles. The Islamic Republic said it also deployed domestically-made hovercraft during the operation.
5. According to The Times of Israel, A-zer-bai-jan has stated that it will not lend its territory as a staging ground for a Western- or Israeli-led attack on Iran. The country’s foreign minister refuted speculation to that effect as “groundless” and “distorted.” A-zer-bai-jan and Israel maintain generally good relations, and it has been reported that Israel has a drone fleet stationed in the country in order to monitor Iranian activity.
The Bible says in Luke 17:28-30: “Likewise also as it was in the days of Lot; they did eat, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they builded; But the same day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them all. Even thus shall it be in the day when the Son of man is revealed.”
You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at SecondComingHerald.com