1. According to the Telegraph, Christianity is ‘on the brink of extinction’ in the Middle East. Because of mounting persecution of worshippers a new report states that Christianity faces being wiped out of the “biblical heartlands.” The study warns that Christians suffer greater hostility across the world than any other religious group. And it claims that politicians have been “blind” to the extent of violence faced by Christians in Africa, Asia and the Middle East and especially the threat of militant Islam.
2. According to The Times of Israel, Gaza terrorists attempted to fire a rocket at Israel on Sunday. The Kassam missile landed in an open area in the Gaza Strip, causing no injuries or damage. The rocket fire is a breach of the Egyptian-mediated ceasefire signed by Hamas on November 21st ending Israel’s Operation Pillar of Defense. As part of the deal, Hamas agreed to halt its own fire and rein in other terror groups.
3. According to The Guardian, this month’s rocket launch by North Korea shows it has probably developed the technology to fire a warhead more than 6,200 miles, theoretically putting the US west coast in range of its weapons. North Korea said the launch on December 12th put a weather satellite in orbit, but critics say it was aimed at nurturing the kind of technology needed to mount a nuclear warhead on a long-range missile.
4. According to the Jerusalem Post, Hamas leader Kha-led Ma-shaal instructed the terror group’s sleeper cells in the West Bank to prepare themselves for armed struggle to take control of the Palestinian territory. According to the report which cited the Israeli Security Agency and the Aman military intelligence service, Hamas, at the behest of Iran, was preparing to seize power in the West Bank as it did in Gaza in a 2007 civil war.
5. According to Reuters, rigorous new sanctions against Iran’s banking, shipping and industrial sectors took effect this week as part of the European Union’s effort to force Tehran to scale back its nuclear program. The sanctions, agreed upon in October, entered EU law with their publication in the European Union’s Official Journal. The toughest EU measures yet include bans on financial transactions, sales to Iran of shipping equipment and steel, and imports of Iranian natural gas.
The Bible says in Matthew 16:27: “For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works.”
You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at SecondComingHerald.com