1. According to CBN News, The Book of Genesis says God uses the sun, moon, and stars for signs and seasons, and examples can be found throughout the Bible. According to Pastor John Hagee, God is getting ready to speak this way once again. Hagee told CBN News, “There’s a sense in the world that things are changing and God is trying to communicate with us in a supernatural way. I believe that in these next two years, we’re going to see something dramatic happen in the Middle East involving Israel that will change the course of history in the Middle East and impact the whole world.”
2. According to The Jerusalem Post, America’s permanent representative to the United Nations Samantha Power reaffirmed her support for normalizing Israel at the UN, saying Israel and its allies need to slowly “chip away” at the stereotypes and prejudice that have been racked up against Israel over the years. Israel has an upcoming bid for a seat on the 2019-2020 Security Council, for which Israel is facing off against Germany and Belgium. Power said, “We strongly support Israel’s candidacy.”
3. According to the Washington Post and the Associated Press, the head of the French military mission in the Central African Republic has said that Christians who are arming themselves to retaliate against brutal Muslim rebels have become “enemies of peace.” Those same fighters are now killing Muslim civilians in the streets and forcing tens of thousands of Muslims to flee the country. Muslims have criticized French and African peacekeepers for failing to disarm the Christian fighters at the same time they have been actively disarming the Muslim rebels.
4. According to the Jerusalem Post, Israel is currently experiencing an unprecedented drought – so extreme that such conditions this time of year have never been documented, according to the Water Authority. Since the 10-day mega-storm that drenched the country in mid-December, Israel has experienced almost no rainfall, and the drought conditions are being felt particularly in regions surrounding natural water sources.
5. According to the Jerusalem Post, suicide terrorism which is thriving in Syria, has begun spreading and destabilizing neighboring Lebanon, and threatens the security of Western states, a new study published on Tuesday has warned. The study, carried out by the Tel Aviv-based Meir Amit Intelligence and Terrorism Information Center, found that fifteen percent of all suicide bombings in the world took place in Syria in 2013, and noted a surge of similar attacks in Lebanon since the start of 2014.
The Bible says in 1 Peter 4:13: “But rejoice that you participate in the suffering of Christ, so that you may be overjoyed when his glory is revealed.”
Our Second Coming quote for today is from Geoffrey B. Wilson. He said: “The brightness of Christ’s advent will reveal the true character of those things which were previously hidden by darkness.”
You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at SecondComingHerald.com.